Sunday, February 1, 2009

Why I Love Traveling

Last night, I met up with my friend Leslie who I met on my recent trip to India and Nepal. We decided to try Dosa, a new Indian restaurant in San Francisco, and then went to see Slumdog Millionaire. The film was excellent! One of my favorite parts was recognizing places from the movie that I had been to. I love making that connection...from the Taj Mahal to one of the trains, knowing that I had stood in that same spot.

Moments like these remind me of why I travel. I love being able to make the connection--whether it's a place or even a specific meal or drink that I first enjoyed abroad. Leslie and I tried to re-create one of our favorite Indian meals at Dosa but, since they specialize in Southern India cuisine, and we were in the Northern region, they didn't have our favorite meal (Naan and lentils) on the menu. I am sure we can find another restaurant in town to satisfy that craving!

No comments:

Post a Comment